EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- What Do the Koch Brothers Really Want?
- Tutu: Climate Crisis Demands 'Anti-Apartheid-Style Boycott' of Fossil Fuel Industry
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
Today's Top News
Darth Vader Wants to Buy Your News And Doesn't Care What You Think
Even Worse Than Murdoch Dept: The Koch brothers are expected to bid on the upcoming sale of the Tribune Company's eight big newspapers, including the Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune, Baltimore Sun, Orlando Sentinel and Hartford Courant, according to a report in the New York Times. Koch representatives describe the move not as a matter of ‘How do we destroy the other side?’ but ‘How do we make sure our voice is being heard?’, which is always a fine line and, with the Koch brothers, an indiscernible one. Critics more accurately describe it as, "not just streams but vast rivers of lies flowing into the reservoir of American understanding." Rumors of the move have been around long enough there's already an L.A.-based Courage Campaign fighting it.