Sign-Up for Newsletter!
Most Popular This Week
- Members of Congress Declare "Immunity" from Insider Trading Probe
- Afraid to Stoke Populist Ire, Obama Abandons 'Inequality' Rhetoric
- NSA 'Bombshell': Agency Spied on Prominent American Citizens
- Unpatriotic US Corporations Becoming Hot Political Issue That Unites Right and Left
- Kneeling in Fenway Park to the Gods of War
Today's Top News
Stop All the Clocks
The day after his death, a neighbor offered a moving, oh-so-personal memorial to eight-year-old Martin Richard, killed in the Boston blasts, and what his death meant to his family and community. It resonates in and of itself, and as a grievous reminder: What they feel, so feels every family and community of every kid killed by every drone in every country - Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, God knows where - that we likewise inflict death on the innocent.
“Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.” - W.H. Auden