EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Bangladesh Garment Factory Ablaze As Worker Anger Boils
- What’s Good For Bill Gates Turns Out To Be Bad For Public Schools
- 12 Mandela Quotes That Won't Be In the Corporate Media Obituaries
- Top 10 Ways the US is the Most Corrupt Country in the World
- What You Need to Know About the International Test Scores
Today's Top News
Vowing to "fight for ourselves," young women in the northern Indian city of Lucknow have banded together into the Red Brigade, a self-defense group aimed at combating, literally and philosophically, sexual abuse. They do martial arts training, collectively patrol the slums where they live, and on the 29th of each month protest the horrific Delhi bus rape that, they hope, may be the beginning of the end of a culture resigned to a rape every 20 minutes as simply "what happens in India."