EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- What Do the Koch Brothers Really Want?
- Tutu: Climate Crisis Demands 'Anti-Apartheid-Style Boycott' of Fossil Fuel Industry
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
Today's Top News
NYC Fast Food Workers Stand Up and Walk Out
On the 45th anniversary of the assassination of Martin Luther King as he supported sanitation workers striking for union recognition, fast food workers in New York have gone on strike for the same right and a living wage. Fast Food Forward, who organized a similar walk-out in November, hope today's action - at Burger King, McDonald’s, Wendy’s, Domino’s, Papa John’s, Taco Bell and Pizza Hut - will be the largest-ever strike against an industry that is among the most profitable and fast-growing, but continues to pay workers so little that many must skip meals, get food stamps or live in shelters to survive. On his new show, MSNBC's Chris Hayes does a nice job showing how the funamental math of their lives - $7.25 an hour trying to live in New York City - is untenable.