EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- The Biggest Criminal Enterprise in History
- Exclusive: Why I Spoke Out at Obama's Foreign Policy Speech
- Get Apocalyptic: Why Radical is the New Normal
- Think Fracking Is Bad? Wait Until You Hear about the Gas Industry's "Acid Jobs"
- Over a Million Signatures in Support for Sen. Warren's Student Loan Bill
Today's Top News
Truth to Power: Who AIPAC Doesn't Speak For, What AIPAC Doesn't Say
Amidst the right-wing Israel-pandering and fear-mongering at AIPAC's annual gathering - with cool gifts offered for donations of $2 million, Joe Biden assuring listeners Obama isn't bluffing on Iran, and almost no mention of Palestinians or settlements - activist groups are pushing back with their own message, arguing that "AIPAC is the NRA of foreign policy lobbies" and asking Americans to think about the true human cost of our aid to Israel. In two ad campaigns blanketing D.C., Jewish Voice for Peace's billboards proclaim "AIPAC Does Not Speak For Me," and Visualizing Palestine's billboards suggest what else - homes, jobs, lives saved - we could do with the $30 billion we give to Israel.
Also: Some AIPAC jerk stiffed a waitress on her tip because she was wearing an "Occupation Isn't Pretty" t-shirt from Code Pink. Man, they just don't want to hear about it.