EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Corporate Win: Supreme Court Says Monsanto Has 'Control Over Product of Life'
- How the US Turned Three Pacifists into Violent Terrorists
- Cornel West: Obama 'Is a War Criminal'
- Revealed: How US State Department 'Twists Arms' on Monsanto's Behalf
- Victory in Seattle as Teachers Win Battle in Standardized Test Boycott
Today's Top News
Jaradat Death: Nervous Shock As A Result of Extreme Pain From Extensive Acts of Torture
A preliminary autopsy report by a Palestinian forensic specialist on Arafat Jaradat, jailed for throwing stones, finds that he died of "nervous shock as a result of extreme pain from the intensity of the injuries described above, which resulted from multiple, direct and extensive acts of torture." Despite Israeli claims that Jaradat, 30, died of a heart attack - followed by an even more surreal "finding" that his body bore no signs of violence, foul play or poisoning - his heart was healthy. The report listed the circumstances of his death as "Vague, in one of the Israeli Occupation jails." A statement from 14 Israeli and Palestinian human rights organizations called for Israeli accountaibility and a host of changes under the terms of international law. More on Jaradat's life and death here. Warning: the autopsy is detailed, graphic and infuriating.