EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- 'Beyond Orwellian': Outrage Follows Revelations of Vast Domestic Spying Program
- The Bill of Rights Exists: An Open Letter to Dianne Feinstein
- The World Economy Is a Ticking Time Bomb (and The Fuse is Burning)
- Naomi Klein: 'Anti-Shock Doctrines' Show the Way to Resist
- Major Loss to Organic Farmers as Court Rules in Favor of Monsanto
Today's Top News
False Prophet: Gay Guy Yells Back at Nutjob Homophobic Preacher, Everyone Cheers
Flouting accepted New York etiquette that says just ignore ranters, weirdos or wandering evangelicals until they go away, a gay man riding the subway confronted a so-called preacher yelling anti-gay bile at his captive audience, shouting him down with, "You are false." In a fine New York moment, his fellow-travellers erupted in applause.
"I’m a good man, and I’m a gay man, and Jesus loves me. Do not listen to this man - he is full of hatred and fear."