Sign-Up for Newsletter!
Most Popular This Week
- Members of Congress Declare "Immunity" from Insider Trading Probe
- Afraid to Stoke Populist Ire, Obama Abandons 'Inequality' Rhetoric
- Supreme Court's Women in Scathing Dissent on Contraception Ruling
- NSA 'Bombshell': Agency Spied on Prominent American Citizens
- Unpatriotic US Corporations Becoming Hot Political Issue That Unites Right and Left
Today's Top News
Break the Chain
Today's V-Day celebrations for the One Billion Rising campaign were sparked by an appalling statistic: One in three women in the world - one billion in total - are victims of violence during their lifetimes. Livestream of rallies, protests and flash mobs in almost 200 countries, kicking off in New Zealand. Founder and playwright Eve Ensler will attend events in the Democratic Republic of Congo, which has been called the rape capital of the world. With the powerful Man Prayer, and U.K. proclamations of why we (still) need feminism.