EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- Krugman: Worried About Oligarchy? You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
- Study: Fracking Emissions Up To 1000x Higher Than EPA Estimates
Today's Top News
The GOP in Michigan Still Want to Vaginally Probe Women and Make Them Suffer for Their Abortions
Proving that GOP misogynists are either very stubborn or very stupid - and think we're as oblivious as they are - Michigan legislators have introduced a bill that would require women seeking an abortion to undergo the same infamous transvaginal probe that everyone hated last year when Virginia proposed it, except this time they're cleverly disguising it by simply mandating equipment “capable (of) providing the most visibly clear image of the gross anatomical development of the fetus and the most audible fetal heartbeat.” They're also trying to prohibit health insurers from funding abortion, in addition to a host of restrictions they passed last year, with Tennessee right behind them. It seems these guys just will not give up their 1950s dreams. Here's a woman voluntarily undergoing a transvaginal ultrasound to show how painful, unpleasant and altogether medically unnecessary it is.