EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- What Do the Koch Brothers Really Want?
- Tutu: Climate Crisis Demands 'Anti-Apartheid-Style Boycott' of Fossil Fuel Industry
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
Today's Top News
We Should Do Something to Talk About This, So She Is
After decades of moms scrambling to juggle motherhood and work while otherwise developed countries ignoring the issue, the U.K. has taken a step into modern times with new laws offering joint maternity and paternity leave, and diverse child care options - with even the recent World Econimic Forum in Davos starting to consider child care, workplace flexibility and other equity issues. But Licia Ronzulli, an Italian member of the European Parliament in Strasbourg, was way ahead of them. She's been bringing her daughter Vittoria Cerioli to sessions since Vittoria was seven weeks old. Another show don't tell.