EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Fuel Removal From Fukushima's Reactor 4 Threatens 'Apocalyptic' Scenario
- As Europe Erupts Over US Spying, NSA Chief Says Government Must Stop Media
- Pepsi, Nestle, Coca Cola Revealed as Big Money Behind GMO Labeling Fight
- Russell Brand: 'Revolution Is Coming... I Ain't Got a Flicker of Doubt'
- Congressional No-Show at 'Heart-Breaking' Drone Survivor Hearing
Today's Top News
A Long and Proud Tradition: Sierra Club's New Embrace of Civil Disobedience
In the wake of last week's announcement by The Sierra Club it was endorsing peaceful civil disobedience for the first time in 120 years to fight the Keystone pipeline, more from director Michael Brune on "following in the hallowed footsteps of Thoreau." No word yet on just what the group plans to do.
"Either we leave at least two-thirds of the known fossil fuel reserves in the ground, or we destroy our planet as we know it."