EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Corporate Win: Supreme Court Says Monsanto Has 'Control Over Product of Life'
- How the US Turned Three Pacifists into Violent Terrorists
- Cornel West: Obama 'Is a War Criminal'
- In 'March Toward Disaster,' World Hits 400 PPM Milestone
- Revealed: How US State Department 'Twists Arms' on Monsanto's Behalf
Today's Top News
A Long and Proud Tradition: Sierra Club's New Embrace of Civil Disobedience
In the wake of last week's announcement by The Sierra Club it was endorsing peaceful civil disobedience for the first time in 120 years to fight the Keystone pipeline, more from director Michael Brune on "following in the hallowed footsteps of Thoreau." No word yet on just what the group plans to do.
"Either we leave at least two-thirds of the known fossil fuel reserves in the ground, or we destroy our planet as we know it."