EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- What the US Media Won't Tell You About Ukraine
- Heard the One About Obama Denouncing a Breach of International Law?
- Bernie Sanders: 'I Am Prepared to Run for President of the United States'
- New England on 'High Alert' After Canadian Pipeline Reversal Approved
- Hundreds of Students Arrested Demanding Climate Action
Today's Top News
A Long and Proud Tradition: Sierra Club's New Embrace of Civil Disobedience
In the wake of last week's announcement by The Sierra Club it was endorsing peaceful civil disobedience for the first time in 120 years to fight the Keystone pipeline, more from director Michael Brune on "following in the hallowed footsteps of Thoreau." No word yet on just what the group plans to do.
"Either we leave at least two-thirds of the known fossil fuel reserves in the ground, or we destroy our planet as we know it."