Sign-Up for Newsletter!
Most Popular This Week
- Members of Congress Declare "Immunity" from Insider Trading Probe
- NSA 'Bombshell': Agency Spied on Prominent American Citizens
- A View from Gaza: This Is a Brutal Attack, Not a "Military Operation"
- Kneeling in Fenway Park to the Gods of War
- Those Kids Crossing the Border From Mexico Wouldn't Be There If Obama Hadn't Supported a Coup the Media Doesn't Talk About
Today's Top News
Fighting Citizens United and Its Unholy Matrimony
Last weekend's third anniversary of Citizens United has passed, but petitions and actions to reverse the ruling are ongoing - in Massachusetts, Montana, Maine - also here - several more states and hundreds of local communities. To celebrate them all, Occupy Wall Street, the Devil, the Rev. Billy and his Choir of the Church of Stop Shopping held a mock wedding ceremony on the steps of the New York Stock Exchange wherein seven brides joined in unholy matrimony to seven corporations - among them, Macdonald's and the Koch Brothers - to protest the notion of democracy as "a commodity to be sold."