EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- One American Who Isn't For Sale
- Edward Snowden: Saving Us from the United Stasi of America
- Major Loss to Organic Farmers as Court Rules in Favor of Monsanto
- The Judicial Lynching of Bradley Manning
- Remembering Satyajit Ray’s Hirok Rajar Deshe: On Edward Snowden, Resistance and Inverted Totalitarianism
Today's Top News
Grand Theft Election: How the GOP Hopes to Rig the Electoral College and the Game (Even More Than It Does Now)
It seems that slimy little gerrymandering move by Virginia Republicans, who abruptly decided to redistrict their state while a tie-breaking Democrat was attending the inaugural - a move slammed by FairVote, an advocacy group working to transform or scrap the Electoral College - was just the start of a larger and slimier national strategy targeting blue states. The Center for American Progress details, complete with visuals, how a GOP plan to rig the Electoral College in favor of GOP candidates has already worked in six states, and could work in many more, including Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Michigan. And one suggestion it might not work, too.