EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- 'Sleepwalking to Extinction': Capitalism and the Destruction of Life and Earth
- Federal Judge Slams DoJ for Not Prosecuting Wall Street Execs
- The Dynastic Hillary Bandwagon: Bad for America
- What's Right with Sweden? Prisons Close as Demand Falls
- Sanders Goes on Offense Against Austerity with 'Progressive Budget Blueprint'
Today's Top News
Plaza de Joe Strummer
Responding to a Facebook petition, officials will rename a square in the Spanish city of Granada for punk legend and Clash frontman Joe Strummer, whose connections to the city ranged from an interest in the Spanish Civil War and leftist playwright Federico García Lorca to working with the local band 091. One of the groups backing the name change was the Spanish Socialist Workers' Party, who said Strummer embodied the "atmosphere of youth, rebellion, night and rock." Here's the Clash doing Spanish Bombs.