EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Corporate Win: Supreme Court Says Monsanto Has 'Control Over Product of Life'
- How the US Turned Three Pacifists into Violent Terrorists
- Cornel West: Obama 'Is a War Criminal'
- In 'March Toward Disaster,' World Hits 400 PPM Milestone
- Revealed: How US State Department 'Twists Arms' on Monsanto's Behalf
Today's Top News
Plaza de Joe Strummer
Responding to a Facebook petition, officials will rename a square in the Spanish city of Granada for punk legend and Clash frontman Joe Strummer, whose connections to the city ranged from an interest in the Spanish Civil War and leftist playwright Federico García Lorca to working with the local band 091. One of the groups backing the name change was the Spanish Socialist Workers' Party, who said Strummer embodied the "atmosphere of youth, rebellion, night and rock." Here's the Clash doing Spanish Bombs.