EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- What the US Media Won't Tell You About Ukraine
- Heard the One About Obama Denouncing a Breach of International Law?
- Hundreds of Students Arrested Demanding Climate Action
- Bernie Sanders: 'I Am Prepared to Run for President of the United States'
- Ukraine in Context: What You Don't Know About a New Cold War
Today's Top News
Oops: No Harm No Foul, Sort Of, This Time, Mostly, Except for That Gun Left in the School Bathroom
Following the wise advice of the NRA in the wake of Sandy Hook, a charter school in Michigan hired Clark Arnold, a retired weapons instructor, as an armed security guard, calling him "a tremendous asset to the safety of our students." And he was - he was - until a couple of days later when he left his handgun unattended in the students' bathroom. Law enforcement officials say nobody was hurt (miraculously) so no big deal, and school officials say they "continue to work on improving school security." Parents say, like, duh.
"People are human and they make mistakes," noted one parent. "That's kind of a big mistake."