EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
- Krugman: Worried About Oligarchy? You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet
- Study: Fracking Emissions Up To 1000x Higher Than EPA Estimates
Today's Top News
On the Entirely Reasonable Notion That Mental Illness Plus Violent Video Games Does Not Necessarily Equal Mass Shooting
With nuance often the first victim of any heated national conversation, the current debate on gun control sometimes threatens to turn an enormously complex, emotional, multi-dimensional issue into a simplistic blame game. From one who knows, a reminder it's unhelpful to conflate mental illness and/or violent video games - as grotesque as some of us find them - with killing people.