Most Popular This Week
- Study: Monsanto's Roundup Herbicide Linked to Cancer, Autism, Parkinson's
- Everything Is Rigged: The Biggest Price-Fixing Scandal Ever
- Hundreds of Chicago Students Walk Out of Standardized Test
- The Same Motive for Anti-US 'Terrorism' Is Cited Over and Over
- What Does It Mean To Be An “American” Corporation?
Today's Top News
New Facts on the Ground
The (illegal) Israeli eviction of the 20 tents and 200 Palestinians of Bab al-Shams in the West Bank's disputed "E1" is not the end of the story, most observers say, but the beginning of a smart new form of popular resistance that turns the Israeli penchant for citing "facts on the ground" against itself. Photos, Twitter, and more on Israeli lawlessness, what the village means to the author of the original "Bab al-Shams," what it means to many others.
"Bab Alshams is the gate to our freedom and steadfastness. Bab Alshams is our gate to Jerusalem. Bab Alshams is the gate to our return...For decades, Israel has established facts on the ground as the International community remained silent in response to these violations. The time has come now to change the rules of the game, for us to establish facts on the ground - our own land."