EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Ripping Off Young America: The College-Loan Scandal
- Censorship Backfire: Surge of Interest in Zinn's 'People's History'
- Dangerous Operation at Fukushima's Reactor No. 4 Could Ignite "Atomic Chain Reaction"
- Any Other ‘Statesman’ Who Negotiated Peace Like John Kerry Would Be Treated as a Thief
- Hot Century Ahead: Study Finds Onslaught of Heat Waves Now Inevitable
Today's Top News
The death of Aaron Swartz is so very very sad, also infuriating. Moving and sometimes angry tributes to his brilliant mind and righteous heart from Chris Hayes, Glenn Greenwald, Lawrence Lessig, Cory Doctorow and many others.
"Aaron was always and only working for (at least his conception of) the public good. He was brilliant, and funny. A kid genius. A soul, a conscience...That person is gone today, driven to the edge by what a decent society would only call bullying. I get wrong. But I also get proportionality. And if you don’t get both, you don’t deserve to have the power of the United States government behind you." - Lessig