EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
- Krugman: Worried About Oligarchy? You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet
- Study: Fracking Emissions Up To 1000x Higher Than EPA Estimates
Today's Top News
The Biggest Issue We Aren't Talking About
Seeking to raise awareness of sexual violence in America, the Enliven Project has released a startling infographic on rape - the vast estimated numbers that occur, the few reported, the fewer still prosecuted, the even fewer that result in jail time, or, even rarer, turn out to be false accusations. There's been some debate about the methodology, but no one can dispute the basic, grisly truths revealed. To protest them, 600 guitarists gathered at a music festival in India last week to play Lennon's "Imagine" in hopes of one day making change. If they can, we can.