EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- How the Super-Rich Are Abandoning America
- "Unreasonable Force" In Chicago Evidently Does Not Mean A Probably Drunk Cop Killing An Unarmed Guy Lying On the Ground By Shooting Him 16 Times
- This Transatlantic Trade Deal is a Full-Frontal Assault on Democracy
- Imploding the Myth of Israel
- 'Howard Zinn Read-In' Celebrates Power of 'Dangerous' Education
Today's Top News
The Biggest Issue We Aren't Talking About
Seeking to raise awareness of sexual violence in America, the Enliven Project has released a startling infographic on rape - the vast estimated numbers that occur, the few reported, the fewer still prosecuted, the even fewer that result in jail time, or, even rarer, turn out to be false accusations. There's been some debate about the methodology, but no one can dispute the basic, grisly truths revealed. To protest them, 600 guitarists gathered at a music festival in India last week to play Lennon's "Imagine" in hopes of one day making change. If they can, we can.