EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- One American Who Isn't For Sale
- Transcript: Today's Live Q&A With NSA Leaker, Edward Snowden
- Remembering Satyajit Ray’s Hirok Rajar Deshe: On Edward Snowden, Resistance and Inverted Totalitarianism
- Obama Cans Regulator Who Crossed Wall Street
- Pentagon Bracing for Public Dissent Over Climate and Energy Shocks
Today's Top News
Feel Free to Indulge In the Ancient Gesture of Insult
A cop cannot pull you over and arrest you just because you gave him the finger, a federal appeals court has ruled. In the 2006 case, a guy in New York flipped off an officer, who then stopped and arrested the man claiming he thought he'd been "trying to get my attention." The disbelieving court ruled the "ancient gesture of insult is not the basis for a reasonable suspicion of a traffic violation or impending criminal activity." Just so you know.