EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Corporate Win: Supreme Court Says Monsanto Has 'Control Over Product of Life'
- How the US Turned Three Pacifists into Violent Terrorists
- Cornel West: Obama 'Is a War Criminal'
- In 'March Toward Disaster,' World Hits 400 PPM Milestone
- Revealed: How US State Department 'Twists Arms' on Monsanto's Behalf
Today's Top News
Who Gets the Money: Disney, NASCAR, Sachs
With the fiscal cliff coverage focused on Democrats, Republicans and the rich, a key negotiating partner has been left out: corporations, and the roughly $200 billion in corporate handouts, aka "tax extenders," at stake. Matt Stoller looks at eight huge, under-reported subsidies Obama successfully used as carrots in the fight, including $9 billion for off-shore financing loopholes, $1.6 billion for Goldman's fancy new headquarters, and safety incentives to persuade mining companies not to kill their workers.