EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- 'Sometimes You Have to Pay a Heavy Price to Live in a Free Society'
- Obama Pushes for Warrantless Access to Phone Data... Again
- Yearning for Assassination of Julian Assange Puts "Journalist" Under Fire
- Thirteen Things the Government is Trying to Keep Secret from You
- 'A Huge Amount of Radiation' as Fukushima Crisis Worsens
Today's Top News
Conscience Over Money
Positing the radical notion of claiming personal responsibility for what we do, say or sell, a Florida pawn shop owner has decided to stop selling guns, which represent at least half his sales, in the wake of the Newtown shooting. Frank James, whose youngest child is six years old, said that after watching the news of Sandy Hook, he couldn't "be part of it anymore." For reasons evidently clear only to them, outraged commenters at the Florida Shooters Network condemned him as a scumbag engaging in a “publicity stunt to garner sales on the backs of dead kids.” Of which there are more and more: A new interactive tally of gun deaths shows 277 since Sandy Hook.