EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- 'The Gilded Age' Statistics Corporations Don't Want Workers, or Anyone, to See
- As Death Toll Rises Beyond 500, Garment Factory Disaster 'Worst in World History'
- Report: Toxic Chemicals Found in Thousands of Children's Products
- Pregnant Anti-War Soldier Sent to Prison
- The Sick Madness of Tom Friedman's Culture
Today's Top News
Conscience Over Money
Positing the radical notion of claiming personal responsibility for what we do, say or sell, a Florida pawn shop owner has decided to stop selling guns, which represent at least half his sales, in the wake of the Newtown shooting. Frank James, whose youngest child is six years old, said that after watching the news of Sandy Hook, he couldn't "be part of it anymore." For reasons evidently clear only to them, outraged commenters at the Florida Shooters Network condemned him as a scumbag engaging in a “publicity stunt to garner sales on the backs of dead kids.” Of which there are more and more: A new interactive tally of gun deaths shows 277 since Sandy Hook.