EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Bangladesh Garment Factory Ablaze As Worker Anger Boils
- What’s Good For Bill Gates Turns Out To Be Bad For Public Schools
- Top 10 Ways the US is the Most Corrupt Country in the World
- 'Black Friday' Civil Disobedience Targets Walmart's Poverty Wages
- East China Sea Tensions Soar as China Scrambles Fighter Jets Against US/Japan
Today's Top News
The end of the world, such as it is, is prompting disparate reactions: Michigan closed its schools, Serbian villagers have turned to their mystical mountains, The Guardian is live-blogging - because somebody has to - and The Onion says scholars have discovered the Mayan word for "apocalypse" in fact translates more accurately as "time of pale obese gun monsters." Here in Maine, it's raining a bunch. Amidst the hoopla, the Maya calmly note the date simply marks the resetting of their calendar, and symbolizes "the beginning of good things." We sure hope so.