EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Edward Snowden's Not the Story. The Fate of the Internet Is
- The Brief, Tragic Reign of Consumerism—and the Birth of a Happy Alternative
- The United States of... Class War, Inequality, and Poverty
- CIA Agent: Bush Officials Threw Us 'Under Bus' over Rendition
- The Bad Seed: The Health Risks of Genetically Modified Corn
Today's Top News
Infrared Dreams: I Wish My Eyes Would Rot
For over five years, Brandon Bryant worked in a locked, windowless, trailer-like container in New Mexico that hummed with computers. When he pressed a button, someone died on the other side of the world. One time, it was a child who suddenly appeared by a mud house targeted with lasers. More on drone operators, PTSD, and the ramifications when our invisible warfare becomes unexpectedly, necessarily real to those waging it.
"Did we just kill a kid?" he asked the man sitting next to him.