Sign-Up for Newsletter!
Most Popular This Week
- Members of Congress Declare "Immunity" from Insider Trading Probe
- Afraid to Stoke Populist Ire, Obama Abandons 'Inequality' Rhetoric
- Supreme Court's Women in Scathing Dissent on Contraception Ruling
- NSA 'Bombshell': Agency Spied on Prominent American Citizens
- Unpatriotic US Corporations Becoming Hot Political Issue That Unites Right and Left
Today's Top News
Infrared Dreams: I Wish My Eyes Would Rot
For over five years, Brandon Bryant worked in a locked, windowless, trailer-like container in New Mexico that hummed with computers. When he pressed a button, someone died on the other side of the world. One time, it was a child who suddenly appeared by a mud house targeted with lasers. More on drone operators, PTSD, and the ramifications when our invisible warfare becomes unexpectedly, necessarily real to those waging it.
"Did we just kill a kid?" he asked the man sitting next to him.