EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- One American Who Isn't For Sale
- Transcript: Today's Live Q&A With NSA Leaker, Edward Snowden
- Remembering Satyajit Ray’s Hirok Rajar Deshe: On Edward Snowden, Resistance and Inverted Totalitarianism
- Obama Cans Regulator Who Crossed Wall Street
- Pentagon Bracing for Public Dissent Over Climate and Energy Shocks
Today's Top News
Infrared Dreams: I Wish My Eyes Would Rot
For over five years, Brandon Bryant worked in a locked, windowless, trailer-like container in New Mexico that hummed with computers. When he pressed a button, someone died on the other side of the world. One time, it was a child who suddenly appeared by a mud house targeted with lasers. More on drone operators, PTSD, and the ramifications when our invisible warfare becomes unexpectedly, necessarily real to those waging it.
"Did we just kill a kid?" he asked the man sitting next to him.