EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- One American Who Isn't For Sale
- Edward Snowden: Saving Us from the United Stasi of America
- Major Loss to Organic Farmers as Court Rules in Favor of Monsanto
- The Judicial Lynching of Bradley Manning
- Remembering Satyajit Ray’s Hirok Rajar Deshe: On Edward Snowden, Resistance and Inverted Totalitarianism
Today's Top News
What, union-busting wasn't enough? Now Michigan's lame-duck, GOP-controlled legislature is set to allow concealed weapons in former "gun-free" zones like schools, churches, hospitals and sports stadiums, because, really, what goes better together than churches and firearms, or armed yahoos on a football afternoon in The Big House packed with thousands of screaming, raging fans? To ensure everyone's safe, lawmakers mandated minimally "more training" - eight hours and 94 rounds fired - and barely declined to scrap background checks altogether. But they also tinkered with rules to make it easier for pretty much anyone who can walk on two legs to get a permit. And more tilting to the right awaits. Not a pretty sight.