Most Popular This Week
- Study: Monsanto's Roundup Herbicide Linked to Cancer, Autism, Parkinson's
- Everything Is Rigged: The Biggest Price-Fixing Scandal Ever
- Report: Toxic Chemicals Found in Thousands of Children's Products
- The Life and Death of Words, People, and Even Nature
- You and Your Family Are Guinea Pigs for the Chemical Corporations
Today's Top News
Pinpointed: Continuously In Fear of Imminent Death
Gaza's children, once more, have seen and heard terrible things: siblings and parents blown apart, homes flattened, bombs falling, glass shattering, bodies in the streets. As Gazans now struggle to return to ordinary, difficult life, a vast majority of Gaza's 950,000 children likewise struggle with trauma and its symptoms, from nightmares and bedwetting to stomach pain, panic at loud noises, overriding insecurity and what one U.N. report terms being "continuously or usually in fear of imminent death." These are children, remember. So much for the infamous Israeli line that "there are no innocents in Gaza." The Middle Eastern Children's Alliance (MECA) is working with Gaza's Red Crescent Society to help heal those children most affected. Give here.
We saw the faces of those who’ll throw our children
Out of the window of this last space
We will die here, here in the last passage.
Here and here our blood will plant its olive tree.
— Mahmud Darwish, 1943-2008