EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Bangladesh Garment Factory Ablaze As Worker Anger Boils
- What’s Good For Bill Gates Turns Out To Be Bad For Public Schools
- Top 10 Ways the US is the Most Corrupt Country in the World
- 'Black Friday' Civil Disobedience Targets Walmart's Poverty Wages
- East China Sea Tensions Soar as China Scrambles Fighter Jets Against US/Japan
Today's Top News
Tale of Two Worlds: The Rich Get Richer, Still
New numbers show the same old: A new report shows third-quarter corporate earnings up 18.6% from a year ago, with after-tax profits the highest-ever percentage of gross domestic product, even as wages fell to their lowest-ever share. In other words: rich get richer, poor get poorer. More on the archeology of decline, the so-called debtpocalypse, and capitalism's ongoing "penchant for creative destruction."