EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- What Do the Koch Brothers Really Want?
- Tutu: Climate Crisis Demands 'Anti-Apartheid-Style Boycott' of Fossil Fuel Industry
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
Today's Top News
This Is Cardboard. Also Entirely Recycled, Water and Fireproof, and Dirt Cheap.
After four years of tinkering based on the principles of origami, Israeli amateur inventor and bike freak Izhar Gafni has crafted the greenest transportation ever - a $20 bike made of recycled packaging cardboard, with recycled rubber wheels, treated with non-toxics to render it immune to both water and fire. Production is slated to begin soon, with kids' bikes and wheelchairs right behind. The target audience is rural areas in developing countries.