Sign-Up for Newsletter!
Most Popular This Week
- Members of Congress Declare "Immunity" from Insider Trading Probe
- NSA 'Bombshell': Agency Spied on Prominent American Citizens
- A View from Gaza: This Is a Brutal Attack, Not a "Military Operation"
- Kneeling in Fenway Park to the Gods of War
- Those Kids Crossing the Border From Mexico Wouldn't Be There If Obama Hadn't Supported a Coup the Media Doesn't Talk About
Today's Top News
This Is Cardboard. Also Entirely Recycled, Water and Fireproof, and Dirt Cheap.
After four years of tinkering based on the principles of origami, Israeli amateur inventor and bike freak Izhar Gafni has crafted the greenest transportation ever - a $20 bike made of recycled packaging cardboard, with recycled rubber wheels, treated with non-toxics to render it immune to both water and fire. Production is slated to begin soon, with kids' bikes and wheelchairs right behind. The target audience is rural areas in developing countries.