Sign-Up for Newsletter!
Most Popular This Week
- Members of Congress Declare "Immunity" from Insider Trading Probe
- Afraid to Stoke Populist Ire, Obama Abandons 'Inequality' Rhetoric
- Supreme Court's Women in Scathing Dissent on Contraception Ruling
- NSA 'Bombshell': Agency Spied on Prominent American Citizens
- Unpatriotic US Corporations Becoming Hot Political Issue That Unites Right and Left
Today's Top News
Fast Food Forward: Take this McJob and Shove It
Arguing that flipping burgers and frying chicken should pay a living wage like any other job, hundreds of fast food workers in New York walked out today to launch the first multi-union, multi-franchise organizing drive in the massive service industry. Workers at McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's, KFC, Taco Bell and others are demanding higher wages and the right to organize without interference. Most workers average $8 an hour and often can't afford basics like food and rent. Their employers, meanwhile, have seen profits soar; McDonald's, the third largest low-wage employer in the nation, went up 130 percent. First Walmart, now this. We're lovin' it.