EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- What Do the Koch Brothers Really Want?
- Tutu: Climate Crisis Demands 'Anti-Apartheid-Style Boycott' of Fossil Fuel Industry
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
Today's Top News
Chasing Ice, Changing Lives
When photographer James Balog and a small team embarked on a multi-year “Extreme Ice Survey” to document 18 glaciers in remote regions of the world, he found what he describes as “decrepit old men falling into the earth and dying” - ancient glaciers, some over 30,000 years old, breaking open and disappearing into the ocean in seconds. His reportedly astonishing new documentary, "Chasing Ice," now in limited release, so devastatingly shows the effects of climate change that people leave the theater shaken. Below, video of one Fox News/ O'Reilly-loving, former climate change denier in tears at what she's learned. Reviews here and here, show locations here.