EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Krugman: Worried About Oligarchy? You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet
- US Drone Obliterates Civilians in Yemen
- The Change Within: The Obstacles We Face Are Not Just External
- Hillary Clinton and the Future Failure of Progressive Hope and Change
- Too Big to Jail? Why Kidnapping, Torture, Assassination, and Perjury Are No Longer Crimes in Washington
Today's Top News
Some of These People Will Never Learn/Change and In Fact May Be Getting Worse
Calling the House "an outpost (for) the priorities of the American people" - though he declines to specify in which century - amidst an otherwise hopelessly commie government, John Boehner has appointed 19 white guys to chair 19 House committees. Not just any white guys, notes ThinkProgress, but rabidly right-wing guys who hold radical positions on the issues they will be legislating. Thus, a Koch-Brothers-and-oil-funded climate change skeptic will head Science, Space and Technology, a Wall Street tool who has called Medicaid and Medicare "cruel Ponzi schemes" will head Financial Services, an Islamaphobe and xenophobe who wants the whole country to institute Arizona's "papers please" immigration policy will head Foreign Affairs. Etc. Have any of these people heard that change happens? Rachel Maddow is alternately amused and discouraged.