EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Bangladesh Garment Factory Ablaze As Worker Anger Boils
- What’s Good For Bill Gates Turns Out To Be Bad For Public Schools
- Top 10 Ways the US is the Most Corrupt Country in the World
- 'Black Friday' Civil Disobedience Targets Walmart's Poverty Wages
- What You Need to Know About the International Test Scores
Today's Top News
Now It's Africa for Norway: Say Yes to Radi-Aid
Bleeding-heart Africans have gotten together to sing and collect radiators for freezing Norwegians in a funny, savvy mock music video and charity campaign aimed at shattering 'We Are the World'-flavored, Western-centric cliches about Africa as a place that "people either give to, or give up on." A project of the Norwegian Students' and Academics' International Assistance Fund and featuring South African rapper Breezy Vee, Africa for Norway seeks to challenge stereotypes used as a basis for fundraising; craft aid and investment policies based on real need, not "good" intentions; and facilitate accurate, nuanced information about Africa and the negative role Western economies have played in its development - or lack of same.
"In Norway kids are freezing, it's time for us to care/ There's heat enough for Norway, if Africans would share."