EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- Krugman: Worried About Oligarchy? You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
- Study: Fracking Emissions Up To 1000x Higher Than EPA Estimates
Today's Top News
Attention WalMart Shoppers: Cynical Hypocrisy In Aisle Two
With more and more WalMart workers joining protests and threatening to join a nationwide walkout on Black Friday, the company has filed a complaint with the National Relations Board arguing that workers seeking a decent wage and reasonable working conditions have "created an uncomfortable environment and undue stress on Walmart’s customers, including families with children." So if the lousy syntax wasn't bad enough, the company that by some estimates pays its CEO more in one hour than it pays its retail employees in a year - a wage so low that most of its employees with kids live below the poverty line - is saying they're worried about families with children? R-i-g-h-t. They also threaten to hold those uppity workers "accountable." Accountable?! Now there's an idea. More on why this strike matters. And a reminder: If you're shopping, go local.