EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- What the US Media Won't Tell You About Ukraine
- Heard the One About Obama Denouncing a Breach of International Law?
- Hundreds of Students Arrested Demanding Climate Action
- Bernie Sanders: 'I Am Prepared to Run for President of the United States'
- Ukraine in Context: What You Don't Know About a New Cold War
Today's Top News
Attention WalMart Shoppers: Cynical Hypocrisy In Aisle Two
With more and more WalMart workers joining protests and threatening to join a nationwide walkout on Black Friday, the company has filed a complaint with the National Relations Board arguing that workers seeking a decent wage and reasonable working conditions have "created an uncomfortable environment and undue stress on Walmart’s customers, including families with children." So if the lousy syntax wasn't bad enough, the company that by some estimates pays its CEO more in one hour than it pays its retail employees in a year - a wage so low that most of its employees with kids live below the poverty line - is saying they're worried about families with children? R-i-g-h-t. They also threaten to hold those uppity workers "accountable." Accountable?! Now there's an idea. More on why this strike matters. And a reminder: If you're shopping, go local.