Get News & Views Updates
Most Popular This Week
- When You're Cutting Social Security, 'Wealthy' Begins at $25K
- With Little More Than a Note, Obama Deploys US Troops To Niger
- Stripped of 'Country of Origin' Label, US Agrees to Sell Tear Gas to Egypt
- The 'Land of 10,000 Lakes' Is Running Dry
- 5 Reasons Why the Keystone XL Pipeline is Bad for the Economy
Today's Top News
On Cutting the Grass
Palestinian doctors pray over the bodies of children killed by Israeli air strikes.
We are seeing the Israeli Gilad Sharon's "flattening" of Gaza looks like. At least 100 Palestinians, over half civilians and many of them children, have now been killed, and 840 injured. One mistaken air strike killed 11 people - nine members of one family, including four children, and two neighbors - in what is already being called a massacre. Even liberal Zionists are beginning to be appalled by what is increasingly viewed as Israel's ill-advised, not to mention immoral, pattern of crimes. Protests, graphic photos, and Israeli media considers the issue of pets traumatized by sirens. Best tweet on the subject: "Is this The Onion?" Below, video of an Israeli air strike.