EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Krugman: Worried About Oligarchy? You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet
- The Change Within: The Obstacles We Face Are Not Just External
- Does Climate Apathy Hinge on 'Pervasive' American Stupidity?
- 'Fuck Earth Day': Let This Year's Be The Last
- 'Straight from the Horse's Mouth': Former Oil Exec Says Fracking Not Safe
Today's Top News
As History Repeats Itself in Gaza, a Plea for Help
Writing from Gaza, director of the Palestinian Centre for Human Rights Raji Sourani pleads with the international community to not forget the Palestinians:
Our demand is not extravagant, or unreasonable. We simply want to be treated as equals. We ask that our rights be respected, that so-called universal human rights be extended to the Gaza Strip. We ask that the rule of law be respected, and that all those responsible for violations of international law be held to account.
We remind the international community of the last major assault on the Gaza Strip, when civilians bore the brunt of political inaction. We should not wait for the same atrocities to be committed again.
We demand justice and accountability. We dream of a normal life, in freedom and dignity.
Read his full statement here