EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- The Bill of Rights Exists: An Open Letter to Dianne Feinstein
- Major Loss to Organic Farmers as Court Rules in Favor of Monsanto
- NSA Whistleblower Revealed: Q&A with Edward Snowden
- One American Who Isn't For Sale
- 'Reprehensible, Reckless, Illegal': Washington Officials Slam Heroic NSA Surveillance Leaker
Today's Top News
Dump Trump, Scram Ann, Kick Out Rick, Et Al
Senators-elect Elizabeth Warren and Tammy Baldwin get down to business
In a modest glimmer of hope in an otherwise bleak news cycle, the national pendulum swings slightly away from thuggery toward reason and decency. Over 620,000 people have signed a petition urging Macy's to sever its ties with the racist buffoon known as Donald Trump - and his "toxic and contemptible brand"- there are moves to recall or impeach Florida's Tea Party governor Rick Scott for his attempts at voter suppression and various other crimes; and even some Republicans are turning away from the right wing - as seen in a recent House leadership vote, the (albeit belated) rejection by college Republicans of Ann Coulter, and the blasting of Romney's blame game, sore loser "gifts" claims. Best of all, an altogether brighter legislative future - see above - beckons. It's not much, especially this week. But we'll take it.