EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Indiana’s Anti-Howard Zinn Witch-hunt
- An Open Letter to the Media on the 'Irony' of Snowden's Request for Asylum in Venezuela and Ecuador
- UN Climate Report Will 'Scare Wits Out of Everybody'
- Unveiled! Portrait of American Truth Teller Edward Snowden
- 'Obscene': Bipartisan Effort to Profit on Student Debt Blasted by Critics
Today's Top News
Let's Arrest Health Care Officials and Other Cool Ideas from Wisconsin's Right Wing
The (relatively) good guys may have won the election, but be warned: There's still plenty of crazy abroad in the land. Thus we have nine Tea Party legislators in Wisconsin who want to arrest any federal officials who come to their state and try to implement Obamacare - you know, that law passed by Congress, upheld by the Supreme Court and declared the "law of the land” by mainstream conservatives. That one. “Just because Obama was re-elected does not mean he's above the Constitution," argue members of The Campaign for Liberty. No, and just because you're above ground and talking doesn't mean any of us should have to listen to you. The group wants to do a bunch of other things too - no unions! no gun permits! arrest TSA! more raw milk! - under their slogan, "Reclaim the Republic," but they don't specify for whom and in what century. Under the terms of the health care law, Gov. Walker must decide this week if the state will create a health care exchange on its own or leave those duties to the Obama administration. Scott Walker, sorta moderate: who would have thought? There's that relativity theory again.