EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- What Do the Koch Brothers Really Want?
- Tutu: Climate Crisis Demands 'Anti-Apartheid-Style Boycott' of Fossil Fuel Industry
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
Today's Top News
The Awesomeness of the Universe and Other Sciencey Things Your Kids Probably Aren't Learning
Talk about your theory of relativity. Last month, 68 Nobel-winning scientists wrote an open letter to Obama endorsing his commitment to investing in science "to continue America’s proud legacy of discovery and invention,” particularly in contrast to Romney's plan to slash those investments. Now a new, entertaining video message to Obama laments that most high school physics courses end in 1865 - when a computer was a person figuring out taxes - and urges him and his Department of Education to focus more on atoms, photons, quarks, chaos and other awesome stuff.
"You know what can happen in 150 years, Mr. President? A lot."