EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- The Silent Military Coup That Took Over Washington
- The 5 Most Ludicrous War Claims in Obama’s Syria Speech
- Neil Young: Tar Sands Fields 'Look Like Hiroshima'
- Syria "Expert" Cited by Kerry, McCain Fired for Lying about Academic Credentials
- After Syria Accepts, US Says Offer to Call Off War 'Rhetorical'
Today's Top News
Apps and Activism: Imagine What John Would Make of It
John Lennon's legacy lives on, in righteous and sometimes improbable ways. The same week Sean Lennon and Yoko Ono put up this New York City billboard - part of their Artists Against Fracking campaign urging Gov. Andrew Cuomo not to rush a study investigating the health effects of fracking - it was announced that parts of Lennon's recently published private letters, many mere notes or lists that one critic calls "scraps of paper turned into bank notes," will be released as an app. Sigh. Time and capitalism march on.