EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- What Do the Koch Brothers Really Want?
- Tutu: Climate Crisis Demands 'Anti-Apartheid-Style Boycott' of Fossil Fuel Industry
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
Today's Top News
Team Rape/Misogyny Loses Big, Entirely Deservedly
One of the most gratifying elements of last night's results was women's clear repudiation of and victory over all the right-wing crazies, most male, who think they have the right to tell women what or what not to do with their bodies. A rundown of all those who went down to defeat; the lone sorry exception was Iowa's Steve King, who may have learned something here though we won't hold our breath. Women, too, were elected in record numbers. It seems sluts vote.
"People should not be afraid of their government. A government should be afraid of their people."