Sign-Up for Newsletter!
Most Popular This Week
- Members of Congress Declare "Immunity" from Insider Trading Probe
- Afraid to Stoke Populist Ire, Obama Abandons 'Inequality' Rhetoric
- NSA 'Bombshell': Agency Spied on Prominent American Citizens
- Unpatriotic US Corporations Becoming Hot Political Issue That Unites Right and Left
- Kneeling in Fenway Park to the Gods of War
Today's Top News
On Greed and Incompetence
Today is Guy Fawkes Day, which commemorates a plot by English Catholics to blow up the king and Houses of Parliament in 1605 but is best known these days for Occupy's claim to the "V for Vendetta" mask representing the victory of freedom over oppression. In its honor, an angry song and Occupy-flavored video by graphic novelist Alan Moore for Occupation Records, the musical arm of Occupy London.
"Your average psychopath at least kills with a hammer or brick, not with greed and incompetence."
The fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I know of no reason
Why the gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.