EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Krugman: Worried About Oligarchy? You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet
- The Change Within: The Obstacles We Face Are Not Just External
- Does Climate Apathy Hinge on 'Pervasive' American Stupidity?
- 'Fuck Earth Day': Let This Year's Be The Last
- 'Straight from the Horse's Mouth': Former Oil Exec Says Fracking Not Safe
Today's Top News
Romney Fans Yell "USA!" Really Loud In the Apparent Belief They Can Thus Make Climate Change Go Away
The remarkable, deeply depressing part of the incident in Virginia when a protester interrupted Romney to cite the importance of climate change wasn't Mitt's pained, clueless, deer-in-the-headlights look - so nu? - as he nervously lumbered right past the issue, but the resolutely moronic crowds who drowned out the tawdry issue of the planet's demise with their blind cheers of "USA!" Sigh. In related news, even the Washington Post has had enough of GOP arrogance, with a new editorial slamming Romney's "breathtaking ideological shifts" and the abiding "contempt for the electorate" they reflect.