EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- 'Sleepwalking to Extinction': Capitalism and the Destruction of Life and Earth
- Federal Judge Slams DoJ for Not Prosecuting Wall Street Execs
- What's Right with Sweden? Prisons Close as Demand Falls
- Sanders Goes on Offense Against Austerity with 'Progressive Budget Blueprint'
- The Stealthy Killer That Is Capitalism
Today's Top News
Political Hit Job: What Senate Republicans Don't Want You To See or Know
In an astounding, little-reported act of hubris, Senate Republicans apparently killed a study by the non-partisan Congressional Research Service when its findings contradicted their favorite economic myth: that giving tax cuts to the rich helps anyone but themselves. After the study found that lower tax rates for the wealthy "do not appear correlated with economic growth" - though they do increase economic disparities - Senate GOP leaders protested the study's "methodology," tone, and use of terms like "tax cuts for the rich," and removed it from public view. Charging the move had "the hues of a Banana Republic," Democrats have re-published it. Read all about it.