EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Scared to Death in the USA
- We’re Not Broke — We’ve Been Robbed
- With Scant Media Attention, 'Human Catastrophe of Epic Proportions' Unfolding
- The Empire Strikes Back: How Wall Street Has Turned Housing Into a Dangerous Get-Rich-Quick Scheme -- Again
- 'Black Friday' Civil Disobedience Targets Walmart's Poverty Wages
Today's Top News
Handcuffing Democracy: Jill Stein Sues Presidential Debate Commission
Having been arrested and chained to a metal chair for nine hours during last week's presidential debate, Green Party candidate Dr. Jill Stein is suing the Presidential Debate Commission, Federal Elections Commission and both major parties for excluding Third Party candidates from the "closed-door masterpiece" that is the debates. With video from her running mate, Cheri Honkala, on her journey to that chair from a hardscrabble life as a homeless mom and housing activist.
Stein's lawsuit asks "that all future debates will seek one goal and one goal only: to educate the citizens of the U.S. so that they may knowingly and intelligently choose the presidential candidate of their choice from each and every eligible candidate."