Sign-Up for Newsletter!
Most Popular This Week
- Members of Congress Declare "Immunity" from Insider Trading Probe
- Afraid to Stoke Populist Ire, Obama Abandons 'Inequality' Rhetoric
- NSA 'Bombshell': Agency Spied on Prominent American Citizens
- Unpatriotic US Corporations Becoming Hot Political Issue That Unites Right and Left
- Kneeling in Fenway Park to the Gods of War
Today's Top News
Handcuffing Democracy: Jill Stein Sues Presidential Debate Commission
Having been arrested and chained to a metal chair for nine hours during last week's presidential debate, Green Party candidate Dr. Jill Stein is suing the Presidential Debate Commission, Federal Elections Commission and both major parties for excluding Third Party candidates from the "closed-door masterpiece" that is the debates. With video from her running mate, Cheri Honkala, on her journey to that chair from a hardscrabble life as a homeless mom and housing activist.
Stein's lawsuit asks "that all future debates will seek one goal and one goal only: to educate the citizens of the U.S. so that they may knowingly and intelligently choose the presidential candidate of their choice from each and every eligible candidate."